Honey Pork Oriental
After a winter break, and the start of a very busy spring, we are back with some new recipes. We apologise to our regular website wanderers who have been wanting to try one of Elaine's tasty recipes for a little while now.
We have 4 new recipes to tempt you (to make up for lost time!), so please let us know how you get on. If you have any suggestions for future recipes or ingredients you would like to see, please contact us. Elaine would love to hear from you.
This oriental-inspired dish would be tasty served with rice or egg noodles. And if you grow your own peppers, onions and carrots this would be a great dish to try when your harvest is ready.
Don't forget the chopsticks...
2lbs. diced pork (shoulder roast, tenderloin etc)
1 envelope brown gravy mix
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
3-4 carrots, thinly sliced
1 onion cut into wedges
1 green pepper, diced (or half red/half green)
4-5 cups cooked rice
1. Brown pork in oil in electric skillet or large frypan.
2. Meanwhile, combine gravy mix, water, honey, soy saucer, vinegar, ginger and salt.
3. Add to skillet when meat is browned, then add carrots and onion. Cook until vegetables are almost tender, then add the pepper.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Simmer until vegetables are soft.
6. Serve over cooked rice.
View More Recipes