Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Another delicious cake that is quick and simple to make and certainly has that summery feel about it. No doubt one slice will very easily lead to the next..
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
2/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp softened margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pan with wax or parchment paper.
- In one bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Gently fold in the blueberries to this mixture. When combined, transfer to loaf pan.
- Mix streusel ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
View More Recipes